Quick Gujarati snack that can please you anytime. It looks simple and easy to make but you need right ingredients in right amount to get the perfect taste and texture. Try it this way and enjoy it.
- 2 cup Poha
- 2 tblsp oil
- 1/2 tblsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tblsp Jeera
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tblsp minced green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 tblsp sugar
- 1-2 dry red chilly
- 1/2 tblsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tblsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 7-8 dry curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar if you like it
- In a bowl mix 2 cups of Poha and wash it with water. Drain access water and keep it aside. Sprinkle some salt and lemon juice over the poha
- Heat oil and skillet, to it add dry red chillies.
- Add mustard seeds, jeera, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- Mix in onions, green chillies and curry leaves. You can replace onions with potatoes or add both if you want.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes and then add the poha.
Mix everything well. Add salt and sugar as per taste. Sprinkle coriander over it
Serve it hot.