It’s been 4 years and I haven’t visited India, still every time I close my eyes I can smell & taste the food especially from HONEST – my favorite place to eat in Ahmedabad. I love their Pav Bhaji and Pulav, nothing can beat it. Try this simple recipe with few ingredients, next time you are in your kitchen. I am sure you will love it too.
- Bowl of cooked rice ( make sure you don’t over cook the rice or else it will be difficult to get that texture)
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashew halves
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
- 4 tblsp of Rasoi Magic Pav Bhaji masala ( We liked this one the best; but you can always use any other garam masala)
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tblsp of Butter
- 1/2 tblsp of red chilly powder (optional)
- 1/4 tblsp turmeric
- Finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Salt per taste
- Heat a skillet on medium, to this add 4 tblsp of oil and 2 tblsp of butter. Once the skillet is hot add cashews and let it cook of 3-4 mins until the cashew are golden brown.
- Add chopped onions to it and cook it for 5-7 minutes. Mix in the chopped green bell pepper, Rasoi magic Pav Bhaji masala & boiled green peas.
- Add red chilly powder and pinch of turmeric powder to spice it up. Season it with salt.
- Add tomatoes to it. I use food processor to chop my tomatoes & onions.
- Let the mixture cook for 10-12 minutes so all the spices can blend well.
- Final step it to add Boiled rice slowly. Mix it gently.
- Garnish with Coriander and the Pulav is reading to Serve.