Its again a weekend and first thing that comes up to our mind is what should we make for breakfast ?? Here is an quick-fix to your dilemma. Upma, It easy to make and is low in ingredients too. Serve it hot and enjoy 🙂
- 1 cup Sooji/Rava (fine or coarse)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Green chilies sliced
- few curry Leaves
- 1/4th cup Urad daal
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tblsp ghee (butter)
- 1/2 tblsp mustard leaves
- Handful Corainder leaves
- pinch of asafoetida
- Salt To taste
- In a skillet, add 1 tblsp of ghee and 2 tblsp or oil.
- Add mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida & urad daal and cook it until the daal is golden brown.
- Add chopped onion and mix with salt. Leave it for couple of minutes.
- Then to the mixture add Sooji and coriander & cook it until it is golden brown in color (will should take probably around 5-7 minutes on medium heat)
- Add 1 cup of buttermilk and 2 cups of water and stir it slowly on low heat.
- Cook it for 10-15 mins for better consistency.
- In order to make it look fancier, you can put it in a small bowl and then turn the bowl upside down in a plate.
- Upma is ready to serve!