So few weeks ago we went to one of the nicest Malaysian restaurant and we had order Tofu curry. Eating the tofu curry there, we thought of trying out the recipe at home. Luckily it turned out really good and my family enjoyed it a lot. So thought of sharing it with you’ll with the hope that you and your loved ones will enjoy as much as we did.
- 3 tbsp oil (Vegetable oil or Olive oil)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Thai coconut milk (can get from any grocery store)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon green chilly (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly flakes
- 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 pound firm tofu, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 Red bell pepper (it can be yellow or green also), cut it to make flat 1 inch square blocks
- 1 cup broccoli boiled
- 1 potato cut into square blocks
- 1 tomato cut into pieces
- 1 carrot cut into pieces
- Sugar as per needed (its optional)
- In a large skillet over a medium heat, pour 3 tbsp of oil. Add ginger, garlic, green paste.
- Add red bell pepper, tomatoes, potato, broccoli and tofu. Also add the red chilly paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and the chilly flake.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes, then pour the coconut milk and some water. Mix it well
- Season with salt and sugar as per your taste. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- If the curry becomes thick, you can always add milk or water. In case if you have put excess of salt or sugar you can always add milk to neutralize.
- Serve it with bowl of plain rice and ENJOY !!!.