Sev is a famous savory snack. It is well known for it’s texture, crunchy and spicy. It is hard to resist if you have it next to you.It can be made in 2 ways either thin or thick. Thin sev is used in most of the chaat items. It is very easy to make as long as you have the Sev maker.
- 2 cups of Besan flour
- 1/2 tblsp cumin seeds
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tblsp of red chilly powder
- 1/4 tblsp of sesame seeds (tal)
- 1/2 tblsp of oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tblsp of Lemon Juice
- In a bowl mix everything along with the besan flour. Mix well and then add the besan Flour little at a time, mixing constantly, making sure lumps don’t form.
- Heat the Oil for frying. Pour some of the mixture into the Sev-Maker and close it.
- Once the oil is hot, rotate the sev-maker and in a circular motion pour carefully into the oil. Once you have completed one circle, rotate the sev-maker backwards to stop the flow. Cook the sev on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes and flip using the help of another spoon.