Tofu is known for its extraordinary nutritional benefits. It’s like Cottage Cheese (Paneer) but doesn’t taste that good ;). I just thought of cooking it with a twist so my family will at least wont mind having it as a dinner. Just mixing tofu with some Indian spices makes it very tasty :). Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Packet of Stir Fry Tofu
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 fresh green chilly finely chopped
- 2 cut green onion (optional if you have it)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon jeera seeds
- 1 tablespoon chilly powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- pinch of turmeric powder
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt as per your taste
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in jeera seeds, add finely chopped green chilies, onions, asafoetida and pinch of turmeric powder . Stir until onion gets brown.
Add tomato into the saucepan. To it add the Garam Masala, green chili powder, chopped coriander, coriander powder and 1 cup of water. Stir in the Tofu and season with salt. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove cover, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. You can serve with Indian bread (chapatti) or rice.